My first SWAP ideas….random…confusing…..
how I felt when I read the initial RULES at Artisan Square.
I was confused about the colour(s) part:
1 “3 pack” of Color(s) A (3 garments)
1 “3 pack” of Color(s) B (3 garments)
1 “Combo Pack” of Colors A & B (2 garments)
1 “3 pack” of Wild Cards
After a bit of debate Tina asked: “Does this simplify things?:”
“The first 3 pak all works together.
The second 3 pak all works together.
The two piece combo pack works with both of the 3 packs.
The 3 wildcards should work with and/or coordinate with some of the above, but don’t have to work with everything.”
…….and the answer was YES.
I always get myself into trouble selecting too many colours/patterns and ideas so this year I am concentrating on:
- all items must work together,
- be classic,
- natural fibres
- creative use of fabric/pattern
To achieve this I will try to:
- Look at the big picture,
- Limit colours to grey and cream neutrals adding light blue as an accent.
- Concentrate on proportion.
- leave pattern selection to last
These are my fabric choices ideas the 3x packs.
- Pack . Slim grey pants, long cream shirt/tunic; topped off with reversible cream/grey jacket.
- Pack . Slim black pants, long grey ‘watery’ look shirt and knee length black jacket with leather trim.
- Pack . (Wildcard) Slim, short grey skirt; cream, grey, blue and black shirt with a short textured jacket.
- Combo pack. Light blue wool duffel coat with leather details; and a long grey zipped cardigan that doubles as a dress.
At the moment I am confident about my plan….but it is still only an idea…..I will need to sew up a ‘storm’.
Do you think I have too many jackets and will run out of time? or the colour scheme is a little dull?